Next weekend we are taking a road trip up to the Ancestral Home so that my grandma can meet Cayenne. It will be our first overnight with him. It’s about a 3.5-hr. drive, and we will be away from home for just over 48 hours.
I have always prided myself on being an efficient packer. It’s, like, a thing with me. I once packed ONE suitcase with everything my husband and I would need for three weeks in Asia. And now I have a baby, and it’s all gone to hell. Here are the things I have determined are absolutely necessary for the care of a tiny being who only really needs breast milk, clean diapers, and sleep:
- Pack-n-Play with sheet and mattress pad
- Maya Wrap
- Baby Bjorn
- Play mat
- Extra toys to hang from the loops in said play mat
- Teething toys
- Gentle Giraffe (white noise machine)
- Toilet paper*
- Changing pad
- Burp cloths
Food, vitamins, and medicine:
- Vitamin D drops
- Gas drops
- Baby Tylenol
- 3x footie pajamas
- 2 swaddle/sleep sacks
- 6 onesies
- hoodie sweatshirt
- an indeterminate number of pairs of pants
- sun hat
All I can do is laugh. I think my days of light packing are over.
* This is to dry his bottom in between using the wipes and applying the Aquaphor. We have found that putting Aquaphor on a wet bottom leads to unpleasantness.