So the car is still running. Apparently a bolt (?) or a seal (?) or a something (?)* came off, which caused the oil to start coming out with the rapidness. Our mechanics fixed it for $50 (no, there’s not a 0 missing!) but told us we really won’t know if the oil problem has fucked up the engine or not without just driving it around and waiting for it to die.
It has been a week now. It seems to be running fine, it is no longer smoking, but I find myself skeptical that this is really the end of the story. Is it possible to breathe a sigh of relief while holding my breath?
In other news, it looks like this IVF may actually be happening. Perhaps not surprisingly, I am starting to freak the fuck out. Here’s where we are:
- Phone consult with IVF coordinator: done.
- STD blood panel for both me and husband: we have the testing order and will do this within the week. Lots of high-larious “Gee honey, sure hope you don’t have syphilis!” banter in our house.
- Separate consent forms for IVF and ICSI need to be signed and witnessed. We are thinking about whether to have a friend witness it or just pay for a notary to keep it on the DL.
- Meds are ordered. It’s going to be Gonal-F and Menopur, among other things, but (and this is a large part of the freaking-out) I haven’t been able to get either the IVF coordinator or the pharmacy lady to actually give me any details on what I will be taking. Both have promised to send me lists; neither have done it. Tomorrow I’m going to get on the phone and find out how to get this information; if I can’t, at least I will see everything next Friday when it comes.
- Tentative timeline puts retrieval sometime around Sept. 15, and transfer (hopefully) 3 days later. Our clinic only does 3-day transfers; they told me they get better results that way.
* Gawd, I’m such a GIRL!