Thank you, eighteenyears, for nominating me for this award! It really brightened my day.
Eighteenyears’s Blog (and her comments) are always written with such good humor, even when she’s in the middle of some really serious shit. She keeps on keepin’ on, and while it may sound like I’ve suddenly entered the lyrics of something from the 1970s I am totally serious.
Here’s the cut-n-paste part, with commentary because that’s how I roll:
Here’s the five-step process to follow after being given this award:
- Share who gave it to you with a link back to their blog. This I can do.
- Write down seven random facts about yourself. My entire blog can be classified as “random facts about myself.”
- Give this award to
fifteenother bloggers. Artistic license here. I pared down my reading list to people I really felt a connection with, and the smaller number of people I will nominate is a reflection of that.
- Let them know they’ve won. Can do!
- Pop the award on your blog. Did I just do that, or am I missing something?
Random fact number one: I hate milk. Like, really hate it. I can’t stand to smell it, I can’t kiss my husband after he has had some, and it was one of the happiest days of my life as a kid when my mom finally gave up and stopped making me choke it down.
Random fact number two: I have never used a lawnmower. When I was a kid my parents thought I was too spacey to cut the grass without injuring myself, and from moving out of my parents’ house until 6 months ago I only lived in apartments. Now we rent a house and my husband cuts the grass. Maybe I should learn.
Random fact number three: I love me some Joss Whedon, and I get a weird joy out of spotting actors from old Joss Whedon shows in other things. I mean, Pete Campbell is Connor! Come on! And I swear I saw Maggie Walsh in an episode of Law and Order: SVU. And (Mad Men again), Danny is Jonathan! I could go on. Heaven help me, I could go on.
Random fact number four: I am apparently hugely forgettable. People usually have to be introduced to me three or more times. In college someone broke up with me because, and I quote, “You really don’t have anything interesting to say.” I have been described as “boring,” “lackluster,” and “like a ghost.” These things used to really bother me, but now they don’t so much and it actually makes me a little nervous to be paid attention to unless I’m performing. Yeah, socially awkward would have been a simpler way to explain that.
Random fact number five: I once sang “The House of the Rising Sun” at the top of my lungs at the request of a Bangkok taxi driver (his exact words were, “House of the Rising Sun. You sing.”), who accompanied me by humming the instrumental part and (terrifyingly) playing air guitar.
Random fact number six: I have very serious anxiety about dentists. I have even stopped reading blogs after the bloggers described dental procedures in detail. (Sorry!) Some of the anxiety is based on very, very bad past experiences (which I won’t share) and some of it is good ol’ irrational fear.
Random fact number seven: I just signed up to take an online class on writing a mystery novel. I think it will be fun.
- Augusta, who is Waiting. And Waiting. And at this point has the patience of a saint.
- Bunny, who generally doesn’t go in for blog awards but I am nominating her anyway because she is awesome.
- Egghunt, who is juggling so much right now. I hope she’s doing OK.
- Jackie, who just got some very, very good news.
- Misfit, who is Almost There.
- Port of Indecision, whose alien has landed.
- Roccie, whose generous soul is looking for a way to give back.
- S, who has her hands full with two lovely babies.
- (There are others, but they’ve already got this award!)