Apparently I am now writing a food blog…
This is what I made today. It is a VAST quantity, as it’s meant to be lunch for both me and my husband for an entire week (with probably some left over).
Potato Salad with Kalamata Olives and Feta
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 10 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 6-8 oz kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 2 14.5-oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1 t oregano
- salt to taste
- crushed red pepper to tasted (I think I put in about a teaspoon)
Boil the potatoes in salted water. Drain and cool, then dice. Roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs. Whisk the last 5 ingredients together, then toss everything in a very large bowl.
When I was thinking about quantities, I was thinking 1 potato + 1 egg per person per day, but it’s such a very big quantity that I may have overdone things a little…
I make a big bowl of something every Sunday that we can just scoop into containers and take with us to work each morning, and this one turned out particularly well so I thought I would share.