Just a recovery update today, for those who are keeping track.
- On Tuesday it will be 6 weeks since the surgery.
- The incision doesn’t look much different to me, but my husband says it is lighter in color.
- The swelling is down for the most part, though every time I do any significant walking (more than a few hundred feet) I get more swelling and some pain.
- I can only wear sneakers and one other pair of soft-soled mary janes. All of my other shoes make my incision and lower back hurt. It makes me realize how important good shoes are to your posture in general.
- I can lie on my side now without pain; still can’t lie on my stomach.
- I can eat without nausea, FINALLY. I have gained back 4 of the 9 or so pounds I lost because I am getting zero exercise.
- Work is still totally overwhelming and I am basically going straight to bed when I get home at night and on the weekends.
- No sex drive at all. I am just too tired.
I am starting to feel like I must be malingering, although I know I am absolutely not. It just boggles the mind that it could possibly take this long to get better.