This morning was like a coming-out party for my vulva. I have never had so many people staring at it. Of course, I wasn’t exactly wearing a white dress and opera gloves…and I’m not sure where I would have put the tiara…
(I had my SIS done at a teaching hospital. My beautiful blossom of womanhood has now enlightened medical students.)
I was prepared for the worst today, having had a very painful HSG 6 months ago, but it wasn’t bad at all. I did rather feel like I was competing in some weird game involving counting the number of different objects that could be placed up in there in one day, but it wasn’t very painful and for that I’m grateful.
The SIS confirmed three fibroids: one submucous and two subserosal. New RE has strongly recommended a myomectomy (as opposed to hysteroscopic resection), so I think I’m going to go ahead and do it. My father-in-law, having asked Dr. Google, was recommending this, but as it’s not approved for patients who want to preserve fertility, I am going to give it a pass.
Now I have a rather mundane problem: when am I going to do this? Obviously I am going to have to take time off work, and that is going to be a challenge, but more importantly I won’t be able to play for weeks! I have three concerts coming up in the next few weeks, and then after that my ensemble will be auditioning a new member (one of us is leaving!!!), so I will have to be able to participate in rehearsals to try out new people. But then after that, from mid-July through August, my calendar is pretty clear of playing engagements. I will have to be back in shape by early October, but this summer gap is the best chance I’m going to have. Hopefully the hospital will be able to schedule me in July! If I have to wait longer than that I may have to turn down some concerts.